Ten Holiday Gifts for Your Cat
Christmas time is around the corner, and most of our cat sitting clients are thinking of buying their beloved kitties a gift for the holidays. The holidays are, after all, a perfect time to give your feline something special, but how to choose? Here are some great gift ideas for your furry feline, courtesy of Angie, one of our dedicated cat sitters. Let us know if your cats approve of the gifts you give them… or if they prefer the boxes they came in!
1. Quality Time: 15-30 Minutes of Daily Interactive Play Time with Physical Toys Daily! Avoid flashlights and lasers and invest in physical toys for that satisfying catch after the hunt! A physical toy stimulates cats mentally- allowing them to use stealth and strategy. But the best play environment requires you to be present and to set them up properly! Play with your lures the way a prey would act. Keep the
We love NekoFlies– the lures at the end are very lifelike in movement. These toys, like many interactive string toys, are designed to be used with you around. Do not leave them alone around your kitties- keep them safe, and keep the toys special!
2. Cat scratching posts. Redirect your cat from sharpening his or her claw on your furniture with a scratching post. Many sizes and types can be found at major pet store retailers and by doing a quick search on the internet.
3. Puzzle Feeders
We love puzzle feeders for mental enrichment- and you can even make your own DIY cat food puzzle toys! They are a great way to enrich your cat’s day while you’re away at work. Check out Kong Cat Wobblers, Pet Safe, and Our Pets if you don’t have time to make your own.
4. Cat perches or a Catio: There is a variety of types of cat perches where you can place the perch on a wall by your kitty’s favorite sunny spot where he or she can snuggle up for hours. Many cats love being in the highest place in your home.
A Catio is perfect for your indoor kitty. The catio allows them to take in sun, smell the fine air, and observe birds and local wildlife without harm to them or your kitty.
5. Catnip bubbles. Endless entertainment for you and your feline when you blow bubbles for your kitty to pop while they are under the intoxicating scent of catnip. Not every cat loves a bubble, though- be sure to purchase gifts that work with your kitty’s personality.
6. Cat tunnel: These tunnels come in an array of colors and allow your cat to fit through a tight space.
7. Christmas Catnip Toys: During the holiday season, it is quite simple to find catnip play toys for your cat. It’s difficult to tell who gets more enjoyment, the owner or the cat, when using these special smelling toys that can quickly spread Christmas cheer throughout the home. These toys can be purchased at PetSmart, PetCo, Target, and online at various websites.
8. Christmas costumes for the kitty: Okay, so this is more for you. But dressing up your kitty up in holiday costumes to have your annual Christmas photo taken is so worth it (as long as they really don’t mind too much)! These costumes may be found at major pet store retailers and online at different pet care websites.
9. Monthly gift boxes. This is the gift that keeps on giving for your favorite feline! There are quite a few available. These are the top four we found:
10. Litter Genie: Quite possibly the most ingenious device since sliced bread. The litter genie provides an easy way to dispose of cat waste from the litter box to minimize odors and provide a cleaner area for your cat to use the restroom- which is great, considering a cat’s’ sense of smell is fourteen times greater than that of a human!
A founding member of the Equipaws family, Frankie can mostly be found working behind the scenes, helping co-create online branding, managing several social media accounts, designing brand collateral, writing copy, and managing events. She also fills in for pet sitters and dog walkers when needed in Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest, and South Miami. Her own small pack consists of Boots the Shih Tzu mix and Nutmeg the Chiweenie.