Goldendoodles: Make Dog Walking Services a Part of Their Routine!
Do you own a Goldendoodle but have little to no time to take them for daily walks or to fill their exercise needs? There are many varieties of dog walking services tailored to your Doodle’s requirements if you live in Miami (Florida, not Ohio!). Exercise provides so many benefits for dogs, including improved physical health, reduced stress and anxiety, better behavior, and strengthened bonds with their pets and their parents. It can also provide an opportunity for socialization with other dogs and people. There’s nothing stopping you from getting your Goldendoodle out and about in Miami!
First, a Little Bit about the Goldendoodle Breed
Our team loves Goldendoodles, the cutest cross between a Golden Retriever and a Poodle. (The photo you see above is our pet care specialist Kate’s beloved Louie Henri!) Because it’s a cross between two breeds, the Goldendoodle is not considered a pure breed. Every Goldendoodle looks different- you never know what you will get !These intelligent and obedient dogs come in various sizes, have unique appearances with different fur lengths and coat colors such as cream, red, white, gold, apricot, chocolate, parti and black. Some Doodles are large because they have a parent who is a standard poodle. Some smaller Goldendoodles have a parent who is a moyen (medium) or a miniature poodle. Goldendoodles generally come in three sizes: small, medium, and standard.
Did you know Goldendoodles are categorized by generation?
The first generation is called F1, which is a cross between a purebred golden retriever and a purebred poodle. F1 Goldendoodles have light shedding and are good for families with mild allergies. Families with moderate to severe allergies are better off with F1B (F1 Goldendoodle x purebred poodle) or F2B (F1 Goldendoodle x F1B Goldendoodle) crosses. However, there are many discussions surrounding whether Goldendoodles (or any dog) can truly be hypoallergenic.
The Goldendoodle nature
Goldendoodles are intelligent and obedient and make great family dogs. They are known for their friendly nature, getting along with dogs, pets, and strangers alike. Like any dog, they can become mischievous and develop behavior problems if they are not trained and if left alone for long periods. Luckily, they are generally eager and easy to train!
The Importance of Regular Exercise for Goldendoodles
Goldendoodles require a moderate amount of exercise to maintain their well-being. Regular dog walks and exercise can:
- Prevent obesity and promote better sleep
- Improve overall quality of life
- Reduce destructive behavior caused by energy and boredom
- Develop better muscle tone, balance, agility, and coordination
- Stimulate their minds and enhance cognitive function and mental well-being
How Dog Walking Services Can Help Goldendoodle Owners
It can be hard to maintain a consistent walk/exercise schedule for your dogs. Some people don’t even know that professional dog walkers like ours exist in this city! Dog walking is a convenient service and you can choose the specific one that matches your budget and needs.
Our dog walking services offer several benefits:
- Convenience and flexibility to match your schedule and budget
- Reliable, trained, and fingerprinted professional dog walkers
- Option for overnight stays when you’re out of town
- Improved overall health and happiness for your dog
- Socialization opportunities with different dog walkers
Equipaws’ professional dog walkers are reliable, trained by our management, and go through an extensive interview process that includes background checks. Our amazing team can come to your house when you request them, and we also offer pet sitting and overnight stays in your home if you go out of town. An Equipaws professional dog walker can come to your house at the same time frame every day if you request it and can stay for however little or long your dog needs. Our team can walk your dogs, feed them, give them water and treats, and make sure they feel loved while you’re working
Choosing the Right Dog Walking Service
When selecting a dog walking service, consider the following factors:
- Experience, qualifications, and reliability of the service
- Bonding and insurance for added protection
- Local availability to ensure coverage in your area
- Training provided by the company to ensure employee competence
- Established reputation and contingency plans for sick walkers
- Ratings and reviews from happy clients
Choosing Equipaws Pet Services for your Goldendoodle!
We’d love for you to consider us for your Goldendoodle’s pet care needs! We’ve had the pleasure of serving Miami’s pets and their parents since 2011. Our mission is to help Miami’s pets and their parents live their best lives, and we’re happy to help you.
A little more about Equipaws Pet Services Dog Walking:
- We’ve been trusted by Miami’s pet parents since 2011
- We have employees trained to our standards, not IC’s
- Our employees get continuing education in handling dogs, cats, and in pet first aid and CPR
- We care for pets 365 days a year, in all weather conditions (barring hurricanes, lightning, and other major events)
- Service areas include Coral Gables, South Miami, Coconut Grove, The Roads, Brickell, Pinecrest, Kendall (close to US1), Palmetto Bay, and Cutler Bay
- We offer walk durations tailored to your dog’s needs (25, 35, 45, 60 minutes or more)
Our management team always meets with new clients at an in-home Meet and Greet to make sure we learn exactly what your pet needs and if we’re a good fit. We take your dog’s personal needs into account, including age (a puppy must take it slowly due to their growing bones and joints, seniors have a slower walk, and healthy dogs can go go go!), health status, preferences, and your budget. We look forward to helping you design your pet’s weekly walking schedule together!
Call us for your Goldendoodle pet care!
Regardless of your Goldendoodle’s size or age, regular exercise is essential for their well-being. Dog walking services like ours are a valuable resource for Goldendoodle owners, especially in busy cities like Miami, where traffic and long work hours make it hard to give your Doodles their midday potty break. We encourage all Goldendoodle owners to explore dog walking services as a means to keep their fur babies healthy and happy. We’re always available to help! Contact us to learn more today.