Equipaws Difference: Elevating Pet Care Standards Beyond Apps
Buyer beware: while there are some great sitters on online sites like Rover or Wag, you’re gambling with your pet and home’s safety when you don’t choose a professional pet-sitting business. Please do your research and due diligence when you choose your pet care.
Shocking Rover Incident: A Case Study
Have you seen the most recent article about Rover’s lack of proper background checks? A pet parent by the name of Anthony Travis hired a Rover pet sitter with unexpected consequences:
- Joyride: Took his BMW out without permission.
- Home Damage: Caused a fire in his residence.
- Theft: Stole a spare debit card and obscured house cameras.
- Background Check Fail: A quick Google search revealed the sitter’s multiple arrests.
While Rover.com did refund Anthony the $350 he paid the dog sitter, they advised him to resort to his homeowner’s insurance for home repairs. Here is an excerpt from the article:
The Realities of App-Based Pet Care
We know some wonderful pet sitters who work primarily off of Rover and Wag, but finding a reputable, experienced sitter can be a challenge. Here’s why:
- Inconsistent Background Checks: Rover isn’t always thorough, as you can see.
- Home Safety: Damages? Rover might leave you to foot the bill.
- Amateurs Galore: Many pet sitters on these apps lack experience or training, or are just getting started in their pet care journey.
These are some of the many reasons we can’t recommend that you use Rover or Wag for your dog or cat-sitting needs. We do recommend that pet parents try to find a reputable sitter from the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters or Pet Sitters International.
Equipaws Pet Services: The Gold Standard in Pet Care
So, what sets Equipaws apart from the rest? Here’s what we’re committed to:
- Thorough Background Checks: Unlike many apps, Equipaws Pet Services conducts thorough background and reference checks to ensure we only hire the best for your pets.
- Professional Oversight: Quality assurance with our trained employees.
- Hands-on Training: Beyond basic reading materials, our team undergoes rigorous training with our lead trainer.
- Consistent Coverage: If your regular walker is unavailable, we’ve got you covered. With your app sitters, it’s up to you to find a replacement.
- Secure Key Handling: We prioritize your home’s security. No lockboxes, which can be easily compromised.
- Emergency Preparedness: Our team is ready for any situation, ensuring continuous care.
- Liability Protection: We’re bonded, insured, and ready to handle any mishaps.
- Employee Care: We value our team and ensure their safety with Workman’s Compensation insurance.
We don’t let just anyone take care of your pets. To our dismay, we’ve noticed individuals we chose not to hire, or who didn’t complete our training, walking dogs via these apps. With us, you’re assured of quality. The apps provide zero management, as they have independent contractors, not employees.
Understanding the Risks and Making the Right Choice with Your Pet’s Care
Owning a home and a pet comes with responsibilities. A dog bite, without proper coverage, can lead to severe financial implications. Equipaws understands these risks and ensures that both you and your pet are protected. At Equipaws Pet Services, we prioritize your pet’s safety and your peace of mind. Don’t compromise on quality for convenience or cost. Choose Equipaws for trusted, professional pet care.
Thanks to Isabel from Covered in Pet Hair for sharing this post. It’s essential to be informed when choosing your pet caretakers!
A founding member of the Equipaws family, Frankie can mostly be found working behind the scenes, helping co-create online branding, managing several social media accounts, designing brand collateral, writing copy, and managing events. She also fills in for pet sitters and dog walkers when needed in Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest, and South Miami. Her own small pack consists of Boots the Shih Tzu mix and Nutmeg the Chiweenie.